Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Word

My favorite part about God's word and how He sues it to speak to me is when I am faced in a situation and not sure of what to do - the exact verses come into my mind which let me know the direction in which to walk. I love that! But there are also times when I am crying aloud about a situation and verses come into my head - that have proven to be a wrong direction... It took a while to figure out why and how this is possible...

After listening to several scriptures that kept rolling around in my head but along with much discomfort and confusion - the LORD made me stop and see that even the devil can use Scripture against me in the wrong context and out of context for sure, just like He tried on Jesus in the wilderness. I never saw this before and immediately began to pray and bind all that is not of Jesus so that I can hear His voice only. Since then, I have been very watchful not to believe a pastor, friend, or even the "voices in my head" just because they are out of the bible.

The more I learned to hear God's voice, the more I understood the peace that comes with it. Even when the command or direction is in no way where I want to go or what I want to do, there is a deep, inner knowing that this way is the way to blessing and leads to peace within me.  Also, I have realized that God speaks to my spirit without me ever muttering a word about it aloud. Even before I think it it seems, His answer comes directly and fills me with wisdom, understanding and peace. His way is always gentle. His way is always merciful and true. His way never leaves me angry or confused. I mean, even in times when I say I'm angry because, for example, He asked me to turn around and help someone out and it inconvenienced me and my schedule: I may act a little put-off, but it's a fake anger - deep inside I am smiling ear to ear knowing I am obeying His call, and about to receive blessings.

I heard this analogy a few different times: the government agents In Canada I believe, spend months and months training to spy counterfeit money by studying the real deal. They never look at the fake stuff, because each crook creates their own fake money and therefore they are all different and confusing to remember and learn. The best way is to study the real currency: every inch, every detail, every speck, the texture, size, etc. Then, once the agent knows the bill so well He is able to look at a fake and instantly realize what's not right about it.  This is the way with God's word. The more we read and study His Word, and the more we hear Him speak to us, the more familiar we become with His ways. Now it's not instantaneous. We will probably make a few mistakes along the way, but afterward learn from it and be better equipped for next time. It's all a learning process. It took me a very long time to remember Dan's favorite band at the time we started dating, called King's X. But the more I got the name wrong and the more He corrected me, and the more time I spent with him and heard them on his MANY CD's, the more I remembered the name and I don't think I will ever forget it or their sound and music.

The biggest lesson is no to be afraid to fall short and fail. It's inevitable. We all fall short of His glory. But we must get up and get going forward again. We must press in and seek Him first and foremost. We must seek to hear His voice and know Him. We must seek His Kingdom and His righteousness, and not depend on the way things work on earth and our own dead works.


No comments:

Post a Comment